Welcome and thank you for joining us in our presentation of “A TRIBUTE TO ROYALTY” for Miami-Broward One Carnival 2016. Below are important details you will need for Sunday.
We wanted to take a minute and mention a couple things.
- The judges are looking for you to showcase the beautiful costumes you have selected. So yes have fun but remember on the stage let them see your costumes.
- There is absolutely no going back on stage once your section exits the stage.
- The section line up is as follows
- Queen of the band
- Dona Maria
- The carnival is being held at the Miami Fair grounds (10901 Coral Way, Miami, FL 33165). IMPORTANT THE ADDRESS GIVEN IS FOR THE FAIR GROUNDS BUT ONCE YOU PARK PLEASE PROCEED TO THE STAGING AREA THAT’S LOCATED ALONG SIDE 117th AVENUE AT THE WEST END OF THE PARK OUTSIDE THE FAIRGROUNDS.
- Parking is Free.
- There is only one wristband, the one given to you at costume collection.
- Please meet at the staging area as indicated on the parade route map. Visit Djunctionmas.com to view map.
- We recommend you arrive for 10:30 am to avoid traffic.
- We are number 11 in the parade so please look for the music truck with number 11 or the D-Junction banner when you arrive at the staging area.
- No underage drinking will be allowed.
- No kids allowed.
- It’s going to be a long day but aye it’s carnival. Hydrate yourself and pace yourself especially with the drinking, you cannot drink out the drinks truck trust me it has been tried you will only ruin your day if you try. NO CRYING AH TIRED
- We will try to update our social media pages during the day with important information so please make sure you are following us on IG / Twitter @djunction and FB @djunctionmas
Some questions that we have been asked:
▪ Is there a limit on drinks or are you giving drink tickets – NO there is no limit on drinks, NO we are not doing drink tickets, just drink what you can handle is all we ask.
▪ How will the food be handled – You will be provided a ticket for your food. IMPORTANT: If you lose your food ticket you will have to wait until everyone has gotten their food before you are served.
▪ What if I lose by wristband – You will have to pay $150 for another wristband no exceptions, yes it’s a steep amount but this is for the protection of our bar and to help stop individual that want to give their wristband away.
▪ Can I give drinks to friends not in band – No you cannot if you are caught doing this your wristband will be taken away. Drinks are for our masqueraders who paid their hard earned money.